Lotta Bull BBQ, LLC
Name: Mike Davis
Competition Team Name: LOTTA BULL BBQ, LLC
Co-Owner: Champion Smokers & Grills, LLC
Additional Team Members:
Debbie Davis (Wife of 39 years)
Punkin Louise, Aggie LaRue and Gabbie Sue not with us anymore but always in our hearts, and ALWAYS team members!!
Began Seriously Competing: 1999
Most Contests in a single year: 40 contests in 2005
Most wins in a single year: 11 Grands and 11 Reserve Grands in 2006
What are some of your most memorable contests?
- 2015 Bryant’s Buzzin’ BBQ Bash, Bryant, AR
- 2014 Bucks, Ducks & BBQ, Conway, AR
- 2013 Rock-N Freedom BBQ Cookoff, Seymour, MO
- 2013 Festival of Discovery, Greenwood, SC
- 2013 Sooie’T Relief BBQ Benefit, Greer, SC
- 2013 World Food Championship Rancher’s Reserve, Las Vegas, NV
- 2012 Stillwater Blazathon BBQ Cookoff, Stillwater, OK
- 2012 Hog Wild BBQ & Chrome Festival, Chandler, OK
- 2012 Bull Outdoor Products Throwdown, Las Vegas, NVt
- 2011 Hog Wild BBQ & Chrome Festival, Chandler, OK
- 2011 SC Festival of Discovery, Greenwood, SC
- 2011 Carolina Foothills BBQ Cook-Off, Gafney, SC
- 2010 Alabama Barbecue Trail Grand Champion
- 2010 Talladega King of the Pit
- 2010 Jack Daniel’s World Championship 1st Place Brisket (perfect score of 180)
- 2010 American Royal “Open” Grand Champion (4th Time in 11 years)
- 2010 Kansas City Barbecue Society Team of the Year, 3rd Runner-Up Team
- 2009 Prilosec OTC NASCAR Events, 5 out of 6 Times voted Fan Favorite Prilosec OTC’s MVP (Most Valuable Pitmaster)
- Tennessee Triple Crown Champion 4 of 5 years
- 2006 Versus BBQ Championship Series presented by Kingsford Grand Champion
- 2006 American Royal “Invitational” Grand Champion
- 2005 American Royal “Open” Grand Champion
- 2005 American Royal “Invitational” Reserve Grand Champion
- 2005 Butt to Butt Grand Champion in Shannon, Illinois
- 2005 Kansas City Barbecue Society, 2nd Runner-Up Team
- 2004 Kansas City Barbecue Society, 1st Runner-Up Team
- 2003 Kansas City Barbecue Society, 14th Overall Team
- 2002 Kansas City Barbecue Society, 3rd Runner-Up Team
- 2002 American Royal “Open” Grand Champion
What do I do when I’m not Cooking?
Trying to get Meemaw home to see the grandkids.
What do I enjoy most in life?
Church, my Wife, Family and watching the Grandkids grow up!!
Who would I most like to have dinner with?
Amos, my father-in-law!
What will I do when I retire?
Then I’ll get really serious about competing. As long as our health holds out, and with the support of my lifelong teammate, Debbie. But when she says, “That’s it,” . . . That’s it.